we were warriors shows you...
HOW TO SAVE YOU VINTAGE PATTERNS
but every time we use them, they never fit back in the envelope or we end up cutting the wrong size out
so over the years we have collected some tips and tricks for keeping your patterns nice and safe!
TO KEEP YOU PATTERNS TOGETHERBuy a packet of A4 envelopes, empty your pattern into an envelope (it fits with tons of room!) and simply tape the packet on to the front! also the blank space on the back is perfect for making notes about the pattern.
TO RETAIN YOU PATTERN TO USE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN IN MULTIPLE SIZES!
if you cant bare to cut into a pattern follow these super simple steps!
for this you will need:
* spare paper (you can use newspaper)
* a pattern
* an inky texta
*a pair of scissors
1. lay out your pattern on the blank paper and pin in place
2. Press and hold you marker long enough to let the ink sink through the pattern, follow along the patterns edge all the way around in your desired size.
3. Un pin the pattern and remove, you will be left with a bunch of dots on your page
4. Connect the dots! and cut out the pattern!
5. then your all done! then you can go back and repeat the pattern in different sizes or pack it up and save it for another day!
ENJOY SEWING TONS OF DRESSES AND BEAUTIFUL THINGS!